Friday, May 20, 2011

I graduated!!!!

So I graduated! it has been a long time coming but I did it and I am super proud of myself.  I had wonderful family that have been a big inspiration.  I received my Bachelor of Fine Art with a concentration in Photography and a built in Minor in Art History.  I haven't decided on Grad school yet, but right now I am enjoying being done with school.

The Urban Spectrum news paper prints all African American graduates in their paper so that was really nice.  I have lots of papers for archiving!

I had huge bbq at my house with my family, partied very hard! Went to the club came home slept in my club clothes so I wouldn't have to change, alarm went off at 6:00 am got up changed my shoes, brushed my teeth and left for the ceremony.  My sis told my i smelled like a distillery, my eyes were still blood shot red and my teacher (JG) confirmed that :) that is the reason for the glasses.  I would have played the prude the night before graduation, but my friend Naoim said "your supposed to be fucked up when you walk across that stage".  So I rocked it like a star did my dance across the stage and made my family proud!
My big sis & Naiom
My cousin Jess and my brother
My brothers fiance, my big sis, my sister from another mother, ME, and my lil sis

Little Feather, ME, and my big sis
over 1600 students graduated and it was cold! I was in the first row to receive our degree's and then they told us we could leave after, LUCKY! 

Sky's the limit LOL! Word!
Great memories!

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you Sis! I remember when you said you were quitting cause the focus just wasn't there. But knowing you, you are no quitter. Im glad you found the way to stop lying to yourself and stick it through. BIG BIG Blessings to you and to those who stood by you throughout your journey! Love you Sis. Your Brother from another Mother in the A! :-)

    ReplyDelete