Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Who Is Sarah Baartman? Every black woman should know her name

I was sitting in my room and Sarah Baartman popped up in my head. I guess coz I was on MediaTakeOut.com (yes I check them out every once in a while) and they are always posting pictures of women because of their asses. Being a Black woman, most of us not all, but most of us have been born with an ass, hips and lips and maybe even breast. These assets that women are buying in order to look like us when at one time in history the Black woman was put on display for people to come and look at. Our bodies was considered a "freak show". Now Black women are even getting implants on top of their already "big asses"
I was born with an ass, sometimes didn't want an ass now I personally think it is overrated especially when you meet someone because of it. I love myself and my body because it is unique to who I am.
I want my sistas to stay true to themselves and stop falling into trends because at the end of the day YOU are who everyone is trying to be like.
Silhouette from my Here I am Black and Woman series, 2011

Peace to Sara Baartman after many years of being on display, you have finally found your rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment