Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Remembering E.C. Cunningham


I found this great image of E.C. on http://hybridpress.blogspot.com/ and I think it shows E.C. in his essence doing what he loved.

Jimi
This was my very first 3 color linocut I made in E.C. class as a young aspiring printmaker some years back.  


Even though I hadn't taken one of his classes in over a year, I seen E.C. almost everyday.  We would pull into the far $2.00 lot everyday and park next to each other.  Pulling into the lot everyday with him always let me know I was on time for class, if I didn't see him that means I was late :)  He always asked me how I was doing and I always said "I'm fine how about yourself"? he would smile and say "I'm good" 

E.C. was a very funny, laid back guy and he will be missed dearly.  My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and close friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment