Thursday, October 21, 2010

Week 7 "New Photography"

Roe Ethridge 

I have family back east and I spent a lot of time in the tri-state area and I was always amazed at how these shopping centers would fit so many stores in one small space.  I now spend a lot of time in California and the same thing is going on out there too.  So many stores in one spot makes it impossible to see every store.  I think these stores show just how much we consume and everyone is trying to make make money.




Judith Ross

I love how the focus of this photo is on the girl and the background is blurred.  Plus the glasses are awesome.


I think what is similar in these two images is that they both have a vintage look to them, but only Ross's photo was taken in the 80's while Ethridge's photo was taken in 2004.
The differences are one is a color print and the other is black & white.  Ross has taken a portrait type picture while Ehridge has taken a picture of signs.

to be continued... 

No comments:

Post a Comment